1. I'm currently reading 'The Other Wind' by Le Guin, and a book about key battles, and what would have happened if they'd gone the other way, but I can't remember the name
2. Next I'll read Not sure, possibly Forty Signs of Rain by Kim Stanley Robinson, which I just bought, or re-read the Earthsea Quartet which is precursor to 'Other Wind'
3. The best book I read in the past year was What a hard question. I re-read Pride and Prejudice and Watchmen and Scanner Darkly this year, which are among my favourites. Of new books - perhaps The Crimson Petal and the White, or House of Leaves
4. The book I'm most looking forward to reading is... re-reading LA Confidential by James Ellroy?
5. My favorite author is... Austen? Le Guin? Hammett?
6. My favorite book from childhood is... The Mouse and his Child by Russell Hoban and Comet in Moominland
7. My favorite book from when I was a teenager is... Gravity's Rainbow
8. The first western I read was... have I read any at all? perhaps Cold Mountain, which was this year
9. The first romance I read was... Wuthering Heights
10. The first mystery I read was... the Ten Labours of Hercules by Agatha Christie at my granny's house
11. The first coming-of-age story I read was... I don't classify books mentally by that feature
12. The first "ethnic" writer I read was... I don't have a clue, I don't really think of things this way
13. The first science-fiction/fantasy book I read was... a collection of Ray Bradbury short stories belonging to my dad
14. I wish I spent more time reading... exceptional modern literature - it may be out there, but I rarely track it down
15. The book I think was the greatest waste of my time to read was... any new age book, and I've read a few
16. The person who most encouraged me to read was... probably my dad, as he left his books lying about for me to pick up
17. The book I'm embarassed to admit I liked is... Some repulsive porn probably which I've blanked out (heh heh conveniently enough)
18. I think people could be encouraged to read by... modern writers recovering a desire to seduce the reader, and film adaptations
19. My current favorite genre is... SF
20. The one book that I'd recommend to almost anyone is... Watchmen