Kairos WWT is a small charity based in Coventry, UK, that recruits female-only staff and volunteers to support, empower, and give a voice to women caught up in sex work, or at risk of prostitution, and those aspiring to leave it. Based in the Hillfields area, we work by providing safe spaces, a listening ear, advocacy and development opportunities.
We would welcome in particular applications from those with experience in the following areas:
- Marketing/ PR
- Law (including employment law/HR experience)
Working as a Trustee will enable you to use your professional skills to support Kairos WWT’s important work, including:
- To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law etc.
- To contribute to the board of trustees’ giving firm strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals and evaluating performance.
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration & Financial Stability of organisation
- In addition to the above statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions.
Trustees are expected to attend monthly meetings in Coventry, and also be available by email in between meetings to discuss the day-to-day workings of the charity, as and when the need arises.
For more information or if you are interested in joining us, please send your CV and supporting statement to:
Or by post to:
St Peter’s Centre
Kairos WWT an equal opportunities employer
Registered Charity No. 1136695