May 14th, 2010
|04:07 pm - Lyrics quiz|
When I go to the gym I have a playlist of a couple of hundred tracks that are the right tempo for my rowing and running. I made a lyrics quiz by taking ten tracks at random from this playlist. Actually I skipped a few, like 'Boogie Nights' which is just the phrase 'boogie nights' and not much else but you get the idea.
1. Stay away from him, he'll rip your lungs out
2. They all come out to groove about, be nice and have fun in the sun
3. This man was my bombers
4. You laid your hands upon me and told me who you are
5. I've had a red light off the wrist without me even getting kissed
6. Si no me quieres, librame (this is the backing lyrics)
7. Some walk like they own the place
8. All I've got is a dirty trick
9. You'll be on your knees tomorrow
10. Life's for us to enjoy: woman man girl and boy
Just identify the track and artist (any artist who has covered the track will do). Post your answers as a comment. I will screen comments so that there are no spoilers (I've never tried screening comments before, so I don't know how it works).
I really don't know how easy or hard this is. I'll post the answers probably tomorrow.
1. "Werewolves of London", Warren Zevon
2. "Itchycoo Park", The Small Faces
5. "Far Far Away", Slade
7. "Walk Like a Panther", The All-Seeing Eye
1. Werewolves Of London - Warren Zevon
2. Itchycoo Park - Small Faces
3. Geno - Dexy's Midnight Runners
|Date:||May 14th, 2010 03:46 pm (UTC)|| |
I have about a minute before I leave, so very quickly:
1: Werewolves of London, Warren Zevon (his hair was perfect)
6: Guantanamera, with too many versions to name one
A couple of others are on the tip of my tongue, but time doesn't allow me to dig them out of the back of my mind so I'll just have to kick myself when I see the answers tomorrow.
1 - Thriller - Micheal Jackson
2 - Itchycoo Park - Small Faces
and then I'm stuck.
#1 is "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon. And #9 is "Do It Again" by, uh... Steely Dan, right? I'll probably kick myself over some of the others when you post the answers, too.
Well, I recognize Steely Dan in 9. I don't know the title of the song, but I can sure hear it in my head--"You go back, Jack, do it again."
The rest are complete mysteries to me.