4. Mallemaroking - the carousing of seamen in icebound ships. (Interesting subject)
5. Spanghew - to cause (esp. a toad or frog) to fly into the air off the end of a stick
8.Tmesis - To break one word with another
9. quidnunc (a gossip)
10. Ischial callosities - the leather-like pads on a monkey's bum.
12. an urt is a "leftover bit".
14. Oxter- space under the arm
16. Petrichor - the sweet smell of rain on dry earth (hey! never heard of this one but I know the smell)
28. kakistocracy (useful term - rule by the worst)
31. palimpsest ("A parchment or other writing surface on which the original text has been effaced or partially erased, and then overwritten by another.") can be used as a metaphor for everything
34. Maieutic pertaining to intellectual midwifery
36. Borborygmus - the rumbling sound that comes from an empty stomach.
38. Metanoia - the act or process of changing one's mind or way of life
42. erythrismal, meaning "red by nature".
43. Chatoyant something that glows from deep within, like a cat's eye (chat), or star sapphires
48. syzygy (I use this to test the quality of a dictionary, because it's easy to look for)
50 I may stroke my natiform chin sceptically at Shea's cachinnations, but if such things truly make him tripudiate, then who am I to be the pejorist?