1. A favorite book!
Four Quartets at the moment
2. A book that affected you in your YA years.
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin
3. A favorite fantasy novel.
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susannah Clarke
4. A favorite sci fi novel.
More Than Human by Theodore Sturgeon
5. An awesome book (possibly a favorite) you think not many people around you have heard of/read.
The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius: 'All things are implicated with one another, and the bond is holy; and there is nothing that is unconnected with any other thing.'
6. A book you own more than one copy of.
Complete works of Shakespeare. Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
7. An author whose every single book you own/will buy.
Dashiell Hammett. Almost any author I really like.
8. The worst book you've ever read.
The Da Vinci Code was surely invented for questions like this wasn't it? Other than that, I always hated Enid Blyton books
9. A book you dislike that lots of other people you know like.
I dislike the thought of Lolita, and find it hard to believe my friends who tell me it is good. I have read too many men citing it to prove that 'nymphets' aren't all that innocent in particular (real life) cases of abuse. It's that lip-smacking way they talk about it.
10. The most difficult book you've ever read.
Might be The Critique of Pure Reason by Kant. A book it is more illuminating to have read than to read.
11. Tell me what kind of books your mom reads/read.
She reads detective stories mainly, I think she likes historical ones. Jane Austen and George Eliot. Also Christian Theology, like Thomas a Kempis and that kind of thing.
12. What have you read so far this year?
I've been keeping a record. 47 books so far this year.
13. What are you reading now?
The Book of Revelation by Rupert Thomson
14. What are you reading next?
I honestly have no idea.