September 30th, 2006
|02:22 pm - Anyway I'm almost grown|
25 signs you are grown up
bold=true (more or less)
1. Your house plants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.
2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.
3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
5. You hear your favorite song on an elevator.
6. You watch the Weather Channel.
7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of hook up and break up.
8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to
9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."
10. You're the one calling the police because those damn kids next door won't turn down the stereo.
11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
12. You don't know what
time Taco Bell closes anymore. is
13. Your car insurance goes down and your payments go up.
14. You feed your
dog cat Science Diet instead of McDonalds leftovers.
15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16. You no longer take naps from noon to 6 PM.
17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle your stomach.
19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests. since last July
20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff".
21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
22. "I just can't drink the way I used to," replaces, "I'm never going to drink that much again."
23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save Your sorry old ass.
My grown up quotient is 13/25: 52% grown up.
Yeah 'n' I'm doin' all right in school.
They ain't said I broke no rule.
I ain't never been in Dutch.
I don't browse around too much
Don't bother me, leave me alone
Anyway I'm almost grown
from andyduckerlinks i nick a lot from there don't I?
|Date:||September 30th, 2006 01:55 pm (UTC)|| |
What really got me was when we were driving through Wales, listening to a local radio station playing '80s hits - and the first advertisement was from a steel factory. Yep, my generation are now the target demographic for people trying to sell processed steel...
I hope they played 'We're only making plans for Nigel/ He's got a future in British Steel'
Well, if I were to use that list, then I was probably never a teenager at all. But then I never liked getting drunk and I never liked junk food.
Now, if they'd aimed the list at things I enjoyed as a teenager, then I can still be as young as I like.
BTW I was very glad to hear that your son's job is going well. I am about a year earlier down the line with my son at present, but in a very similar circumstance, and I hope things go like that for him.
Nahh, fans never grow up :)
But like dilithium crystals, our bodies sometimes just canna take it
I'm about 40% grown up. What's a twin bed though? I'm mystified; do they mean a single?
I'm wondering if they mean a double bed, and that real grown-ups have king or queen size beds. In which case, I'm not even a teenager, let alone a grown-up...
I've noticed going by TV shows that all US teenagers seem to have at least double beds. I was delighted when we got a queen.
I think of twin beds as two singles side by side in a guest or children's room, so I thought 'a twin' might be a single.
What a strange term, as if they always come in pairs. :-) My sister and I slept in twins in the same room, but my brother just had a single one.
Perhaps it is talking about those occasions when as a youngster you get put in the guest room, and your partner elsewhere, and there is a certain amount of stumbling about after the lights go out, allegedly
I think they must mean one of a pair of singles, but not sure why they put it like that.
Vila scores about 0 I am glad to say - naps, booze, sex in uncomfortable positions - he's got it covered
Yay for Vila! That's cheered me up. And yes, those were twin beds on Homeworld. :-)
|Date:||October 2nd, 2006 12:51 pm (UTC)|| |
Vila took one look at what being grown-up was like (Blake, Avon, Tarrant, Cally et al) and decided it was more trouble than it was worth.
That's almost sensible enough to give him a point!
You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests. since last July
Does this mean you're pregnant? Congratulations! ;)
alas no, it means I had a hysterectomy. Sorry, that's probably TMI.
I figured it was something of the sort, but the wording that line amused me. :)
"when your best friend tells you she's pregnat you say 'congratulations' instead of 'oh shit'"