That nasty list in full
1. Jack Carter - Get Carter (Sir Michael Caine)
2. JJ Hunsecker - Sweet Smell of Success (Burt Lancaster)
3. Vicomte de Valmont - Dangerous Liaisons (John Malkovich)
4. Gordon Gekko - Wall Street (Michael Douglas)
5. Buddy Ackerman - Swimming with Sharks (Kevin Spacey)
6. Arthur Potter - It's a Wonderful Life (Lionel Barrymore)
7. Gunnery Sgt Harman - Full Metal Jacket (R Lee Ermey)
8. Captain William Bligh - Mutiny on the Bounty (Charles Laughton)
9. Dennis Peck - Internal Affairs (Richard Gere)
10. Melvin Udall - As Good As It Gets (Jack Nicholson)
Thanks to pink dormouse again.
Udall is a stupid choice - he's supposed to be an inadequate guy with a heart of gold-composite.
Carter wants to relate to people, he just can't remember that they are real. The only way he knows to relate to them is to give them money, and that's never quite enough.