May 23rd, 2013
|sheherazahde||10:15 pm - I hate it when my kitchen is full of food but there is nothing to eat...|
Yesterday I baked some pork steaks and served them with my South Carolina Mustard BBQ sauce. That worked well. Today I made fried teriyaki tofu for dinner. Not my finest accomplishment, but it was edible. Went Ok with my 100% rye beer bread I made yesterday.
For future reference 100% rye bread doesn't rise, even with baking powder (I knew it didn't have enough gluten for yeast rising). When I was mixing it up it didn't look right and I thought about adding some wheat flour, but I knew that I would always wonder if it would have worked with just the rye. For some reason the rye bread has a "glutinous" mouth feel.
Marilyn came over after book group and watched 4 episodes of Revolution, wherein people continue to do stupid things for stupid reasons.
Grimm was renewed for another season, which is good because I like Grimm, and they ended on a cliff hanger.
|snopes_dot_com||03:00 pm - Fourever Fortune|
http://www.snopes.com/luck/wills/fourhour.aspA wealthy woman left her entire estate to a man she had met only once.
|sbisson||10:23 pm - My tweets|
( Read more...Collapse )</lj-cu
- Wed, 22:26: RT @zackwhittaker: Tesla Motors pays off remaining $451.8 million Department of Energy loan - @Lebeaucarnews http://t.co/PAr2qbjoLH
- Wed, 22:26: RT @CarmenCrincoli: @maryjofoley ...and he's right. You show me one, and I'll show you some crazy legacy app, or a list of excuses, not rea…
- Wed, 22:29: RT @ryanfaas: RT @MattRosoff: BE WARNED: A bad mobile app is worse than no app at all, rants @ryanfaas http://t.co/7LYKjv2exM
- Wed, 22:45: Now that @twilio has published code for 2-factor authentication via SMS, there's no reason not to use it on your site. Lock it or lose me!
- Wed, 22:46: RT @nmarrouche: #fire2013 Mark Anderson:IP war a serious threat for economies and countries! Ways to protect IP has to be urgently defined.…
- Wed, 23:07: Three @surface Pros visible in this conference room, none owned by Microsoft employees....
- Wed, 23:12: @BenThePCGuy Just seen a lime-green HTC 8x. What an awesome colour!
- Wed, 23:18: RT @lsmarr: Just interviewed Vint Cerf at Future in Review 2013 http://t.co/NIhIbPQSJi What was even cooler is that Vint was wearing Glass.…
- Wed, 23:19: RT @chris_doe: US Energy Grid is rated D+ 25% of energy created is wasted. #fire2013
- Wed, 23:38: Video of heart cells from stem cells pulsating. Not hard to imagine them being used to treat heart failure. #fire2013
|julesjones||09:57 pm - trams...|
...are now an option for me.
The shiny new tram line opened today, and I have tested it. Both There, and Back Again. I have confirmed my pre-existing opinion that it is not going to entice me away from the bus for my daily commute -- but that I am going to be exceedingly happy to use it for various leisure activities. In theory it's a quicker trip into the city centre, but in practice it's a less frequent service than the bus, which largely negates the speed advantage. And I never have to stand on the bus even in rush hour, which happy situation is not likely to pertain on the tram. But there are outings which until today involved going on the bus into the city centre, and then taking the tram back out again, and which will now involve taking the tram halfway into the city centre, and changing to a different tram back out again. And thus we will be able to cut a significant chunk of time off the journey.
Alas, Tram! has only come about after some friends who were on the other side of the city have moved away. I never actually visited them there, because by the time I got into the city centre and back out again, it was a fairly long trek, in spite of them being only a few minutes walk from a stop on one of the other tram lines.
Mirror of http://julesjones.dreamwidth.org/242059.html, where it has received comments.
|toft_froggy||02:15 pm - fic meme|
I like this meme!
I currently have 48 works archived at the AO3. I am going to sort them by a method that I will not tell you. Pick a number from 1 to 48, and I’ll tell you three things I currently like about the fic corresponding to the number you have picked.
There are comments on the Dreamwidth version of this post. You can comment there using OpenID.
|james_nicoll||12:02 pm - For no good reason|
Authors in 1967's Dangerous Visions by year of debut (length of career at the time DV came out indicated in brackets):
( Read more...Collapse )
Also posted at Dreamwidth, where there are comment(s); comment here or there.
|selenak||04:09 pm - A03 Meme|
Borrowed from everyone:
I currently have 188 works archived at AO3.
Pick a number from 1 (the most recent) to 188 (the first thing I posted there), and I'll tell you three things I currently like about it.
This entry was originally posted at http://selenak.dreamwidth.org/901334.html. Comment there or here, as you wish.
Current Location: Munich
Current Mood: exhausted